At Turnure Medical Weight Loss & Nutrition Center we are committed to helping patients obtain a healthy weight, but more importantly teaching them to maintain a healthy weight by establishing lifestyle modifications to their diet and exercise. Our program is quite different than most commercial weight loss programs as it is tailored to each patient’s individual metabolism. The program uses only science evidence-based medicine and all instruction is given by qualified and trained professionals with college degrees.
We Offer Several Approaches to Weight Loss:
- Nutrition & behavioral counseling with a Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist
- Individualized exercise prescriptions with a Certified Health Coach/Therapeutic Exercise Specialist
- Weight and body measurement print out using our state-of-the-art scale
- Nutrition plans tailored to YOU
- Medical weight loss program with FDA approved prescription meal replacements
- Safe FDA approved medications
Our programs are closely linked with dietary and behavioral counseling as well as exercise instructions. Our Medical Weight Loss and Nutrition Program is medically sound, individualized by a Nutritionist, Registered Dietitian, and Certified Health Coaches. Our Therapeutic Exercise Specialist is certified by the American Council on Exercise and all providers are supervised by medical doctors in the office so patients can be assured that any medical conditions will be addressed during the process. Dr. Turnure (Board Certified in Obesity Medicine) is the Medical Director of the program. Our staff also maintains continuing education through the Obesity Medical Association.
Why Is Being Overweight Unhealthy?
Being overweight is not an appearance problem, it’s a medical problem. There are over 53 serious diseases that are caused by being overweight – heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, stroke, diabetes and cancer to name a few. It is the 2nd most preventable cause of death killing over 300,000 people per year. Studies show that even losing as little as 10 pounds can reduce blood pressure.
The first step is to make a consultation appointment with one of our professional staff. They will explain the options of our program as well as the cost. Consultations are $35 and we have plans as low as $60 for a half hour visit. We are also able to bill some insurances and offer 12 months of “interest free” financing through *Care Credit.
*Upon approval of credit, minimum purchase required
At your first appointment, we will do a Body Composition Analysis. Our scale uses bioelectrical impedance (BIA) to estimate your body composition. It runs a light electrical current through your body, measures the degree of resistance (or impedance) to the flow of the current, then uses this information to estimate how much body fat you have.
Check Out Our Yelp Reviews!
Why the Scale?
It’s a simple fact that you can’t improve what you don’t measure. Getting on the scale promotes accountability as well as reliability. We agree that it is not always about the number and that is why we offer a scale with bio-electrical impedance. Using this technology we can accurately measure your body fat and muscle mass index. The purpose is not to discourage you but encourage you.
How the Program Works
- Starting Phase: You will be prescribed low-calorie FDA approved meal replacements or a modified meal plan with your own food. We recommend weekly weigh-ins with behavioral, exercise and nutritional counseling for accountability. FDA medications will be administered by a physician if needed. We offer a monthly Newsletter with Nutrition and Exercise tips.
- Transitional Stage: You will be on a modified low-calorie diet where regular food will be put back into your daily routine. Meal plans can be provided by our Nutritionist or Registered Dietitian. Behavioral, nutritional and exercise instruction will continue to be used until you are comfortable that you can do this on your own. Some patients continue to see our staff on a bi-weekly or monthly basis.
- Maintenance Phase: You are now a Pro and have learned how to maintain a healthy lifestyle to keep the weight off. We offer an Annual Membership where you are able to purchase the shakes and bars at a discount as well as come in for weigh-ins every quarter. We realize that maintaining a healthy weight can be a lifetime challenge so we welcome you to come back if needed.
Eat Healthy All Week – Quality Chef Prepared Food
Now you can order chef-prepared, healthy weight loss meals directly from Turnure Medical Group and have them delivered right to your door for as little as $10 per meal. Click the Order Now button to place your first order today.